The CRRC operates with a few paid employees and a number of volunteers providing services in our area:
· Emergency food pantry assistance – Demand grew 30% from 2009 to 2010 and another 13% from 2010 to 2011. Food, plastic shopping bags, and paper goods as well as monetary contributions are appreciated to help meet this need. Volunteers staff the food pantry.
· Durable medical equipment loans (crutches, walkers, etc) – this equipment is available to anyone in need of short term help.
· Meals on Wheels delivery – Volunteers operate six routes on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
· Thrift Store – Volunteers staff the store six days weekly. Contributions of goods to be sold in the shop are welcomed! 60% of the funding for the food pantry comes from Thrift Store sales.
· Other forms of assistance– After a thorough, rigorous screening and evaluation, some applicants may qualify for other forms of assistance based on individual circumstances.
The CRRC operates out of four buildings in the Canyon Lake are – the main office (which also houses the food pantry) and thrift store buildings on 2673, and the recreation center and community center buildings on Mabel Jones Dr. (below the dam).
Various activities take place at the recreation center and at the activity building all week long. See the calendar of activities at http://crrcofcanyonlake.org/current.htm .